Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TVIX - do I see The Owl?

Since I'm modeling a rally out of the open tomorrow, then it stands to reason that TVIX should come down.  In fact, my TVIX model suggests a 10+% decline tomorrow.  Do you see the declining double top that suggests The Owl is coming for TVIX?  Of course, those who are bold enough to buy and hold TVIX probably don't give a hoot about that because they are up almost 100% in less than 2 weeks.

I'm looking for 5 clearly formed waves down to form in TVIX which bring it down to around the level of the prior 4th (~$10.20).  This is because I'm modeling a pull back that should be A-B-C and I think that the peak of 11.80 down to 10.90 was wave A.  Thus, the move back up to $11.50 was wave B.  That means we should get 5 waves down in wave C wherein ideally:
  • Wave C is stronger that wave A in terms of length.
  • Wave C goes down to the level of the prior 4th.
  • Wave C  contains a gap in the 3rd wave down (3rd of C can be identified by its gap).
  • The five subwaves of wave C are easy to see, little imagination need because C waves and 3rd waves tend to adhere more strictly to classic Elliott than other waves.
If most or all of the above are satisfied then I will buy TVIX again because I'm expecting a monster move up in it when the 3rd of 3rd breakdown happens in the broader markets.  I'm expecting it to go to $13-$14 during that time.  That is a pretty good percentage move.  Of course, if I'm wrong then tight stops will take me out.  In that case (i.e. the case where this is really not a confirmed bear market) then I will pile back into USLV since it just broke out.  In fact I would be in USLV right now but I think that TVIX will be a faster mover.  But my physical gold and silver will be happy to see metals on the rise again finally.  At least I was able to add to my silver holdings nicely at these levels.



No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More