Thursday, February 6, 2014

Looking for a simple ticker to short without much risk in order to hedge long?

Check out my prior post on JNK: I modeled the chart as a 5 wave rail bump with throw over that I thought was ready to break down.

That model played out nicely.  Here is the current picture.  Note that it took the power of a 3rd wave to break down both support lines.  This is not a good sign for that stock:


This thing has been trading sideways for many months now and so now it is ready to move more rapidly.  Short this pig for fun and profit.  Just set your stop loss above the top green line.  You are talking very little percentage loss if my model is wrong and probably 60-70% or more gain if my broader economic model is correct (it involves the collapse of junk bonds).

This might be the single, simplest, safest un-leveraged hedging play that I can recommend at this point.  It's just dead simple and if you use stops, it is dead safe. Tell your mom about this one but don't delay.  It is beginning to break down and we will see big gaps down in it soon which is good for those shorting it.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More