Tuesday, September 8, 2015

[CLF] update

In the backlink I provided the model below.



Current snapshot shows that the breakout is expanding today.  While CLF is up more than 10% today, I do not see this as definitive signs of a reversal just yet.  Trade-able?  Yes.  Definitive? not yet.  I will continue to slowly add to my holdings on this.  I'm hoping for one more swoon to form a double bottom but if this begins to light the JATOs and gap up then we might not get that.  This resistance break out is that of a year long down trend.  The pullback tested from above and held the new support.

I remain cautiously bullish here with a small, untraded position due to the asymmetric nature that I believe this trade to be.  I think the next big commodities bull will push this well north of $120 so at these prices I am treating CLF as a nonexpiring call on commodities/commodity price inflation.  Note: this does not necessarily imply prosperity for the economy.  It simply implies major sector rotation out of fluffy industrials and "millennial" stocks and back into conservative commodities.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More