Sunday, June 8, 2014

Don't say I didn't warn you: Texas GOP wants to "heal" gays.

You can't make this crap up.  It's not a re-education camp a-la-China.  It's reparative therapy.  As a libertarian who thinks that the government should just stay out of the lives of citizens, I find this move repugnant.  But as an Elliottician who has declared that the pendulum is swinging back toward conservatism now, I'm hardly surprised.  In fact I knew it was coming and likely a lot worse.  Not all of the return to the conservative norm will be pretty.  People can never do the right amount of anything, we always have to overdo it.

What I am a bit surprised about is that it is not front page news with LGBT holding anti GOP rallies and demanding an apology and that someone lose their job over this.  The worm has definitely turned.  For any gay people that might be reading this, I am not pro gay, far from it.  But I am even less pro government.  Sorry but for my part the best you will likely get is enemy of my enemy status.  But there's no hate.  It's your life to live as you will.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More