Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What could go wrong with the DJIA ending diagonal model: fear and discipline!

OK so I currently model the DJIA in the early breakdown stages of an ending diagonal.  EWI is on record with this as their official count.  So what am I missing?  What could go wrong and how will we know?  What I DO like so far is that we had a very typical 5th wave throwover and then a break back into the channel.  The combination of things taken as a whole is the first confirmation IMO.  Now we are back testing from below and I believe this test will fail and reject the chart strongly downward.  That will be a good 2nd confirmation (a lower low than wave 1 down after giving the kiss goodbye).  The next confirmation would be a 3rd wave breakdown of the lower rail.  This to me is the most important one, especially with the chart which has now formed.


Why??  Because the the back test looks like it is being done with a triangle.  I don't want no stinking triangle here, I want a solid a-b-c up, sneak a kiss, and then collapse downward with a big gap that takes out that lower rail at the opening bell.  That's what panic looks like and I don't see any yet.

In fact, I'm becoming concerned about that 2nd wave really being a B wave.  If the next wave comes down and kisses the lower rail or only slightly breaks down below it instead of taking it out "with gusto" then go on high alert for the possibility of another final wave up as shown because it could very well be that an ending diagonal of a larger degree is forming as shown below.

Now, to be honest, the rails are a bit more parallel than I would expect in this model.  I much prefer the shape of the rails of the current model.  And no, I am not flipping over to this new model yet.  But I do like the fact that C of 3 in it is longer than A of 3.  It also accounts for the triangular looking pattern forming right now.  It won't be very difficult to determine if this is going to be C down and then one more wave back up or if this will be 3 down and then commence the bear market.  Keep an eye on these pages as I will be covering this very important turning point as it must unfold within a matter of 7-10 days.


No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More