Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pocahontas comes out swinging

In timing that was likely a direct response to her being outed as a liar about her fake American Indian ancestry, Elizabeth Warren has officially thrown her hat into the ring for the presidential elections in 2020.  I'm on record saying she is a wounded duck and to me the timing of her announcement will only further insult thinking centrist dems about Warren's qualifications as POTUS. 

With that said, I also realize that since many if not most Americans actually think that the president actually controls the economy (he doesn't...), if we enter a steep downturn into the 2020 elections then Trump might not be a viable play for a second term.  What Trump called "Obama's big fat bubble" during his campaign is now being claimed by Trump as his own "miracle economy".  Of course, when you hear words like "miracle" in regards to economics, you have to immediately think, "bubble".  So Trump has claimed the bubble and if it pops on his watch then he will have to own it.  And let's face it, the current strong economy is only driven by fed accommodation and tax cuts and the continuous assumption of debt at city, state and federal levels.  There will be an end to it, the only question is when.

So here is what I would be doing if I were the GOP leadership (if you can call it that).  I'd find my own conservative version of an Elizabeth Warren, someone who is not tainted by her lies and/or dementia.  And while there has been only off hand discussion of it yet in public, that person would be none other than Nimrata ("Nikki") Haley (nee Randhawa).  Haley's got the right mix for the current generation of voters.  She's conservative, has held significant governmental offices before (Governor of South Carolina and US Ambassador to the UN), and she's a woman whose actually of Indian heritage.  Of course that would not be native American but rather someone whose ancestry is from India. 

Nimrata Randhawa at the same time does not look like the prototypical  "from India" so she won't disappoint too many rednecks.  So she can play the "person of color" card (and in fact beat the living shit out of Warren with it) while still actually being a white person.  Win-win.  And it can't hurt that she is in fact is (with the right amount of make-up/cake-up for a woman of her age) pretty darned good looking, far easier on the eyes than Warren who reminds me either of a librarian or a nun but I can't be sure which.  Haley also has the support of the gun lobby and has been public and crystal clear about her stance on individual rights to keep and bear arms.

Of course, the politicians have already been working on it.  Haley was term limited as governor of SC but instead of putting her out to pasture, the GOPs smartly appointed her as UN ambassador even if it only lasted for a token period of less than 2 years.  So she got to know everyone and how the game works without having to be there long enough to make any controversial calls or make any enemies.  Call me suspicious but I smell setup. 

Upon her resignation she flatly denied having 2020 presidential aspirations but that could all change in a heartbeat.  If the GOPs see Trump on his back in a bad economy, I could see Trump declaring victory and "mission accomplished" as he often does even though nothing of merit has been accomplished.  If he thought that a bad economy was threatening his chances of re-election then Trump would be happy to say "I did what I came to do" and then make a showman style exit stage left.  It would be so easy for him to say "I was never a politician, I came to serve and I did that.  But now my wife and my son need me more than the country does and so I choose not to run".

Truth be told, the only thing he really can say he accomplished is the ending of Hillary Clinton's presidential aspirations and for that alone Trump can take a notable place in the history books.  In any case, if Trump were to bow out and leave a vacuum, I would expect this "sudden" occurrence make Haley rethink her decision not to run (AKA contingency plan B).

I don't know about other conservatives but if Trump were to run against Haley, I'd easily vote for Haley.  Trump is not a real conservative.  He's kind of a half way house for a country that is trying to get of the drug called rabid liberalism.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More