Saturday, June 27, 2015

Congrats to those supporting gay marriage.

The winner of any contest deserves to be congratulated and the whole gay marriage thing is no different.  So to those who were for this, congrats, you won.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is going to work out for the whole gay movement so well over the long run.  There was a lot of tolerance on the matter by "conservatives" but many of them will feel that this crossed a major line.  There is going to be blow back about this folks and it is going to be significant over time.  It will divide the nation.

For the record, I put "conservatives" in quotes because a true conservative just doesn't care what someone else calls themselves, does to themselves, proclaims about themselves, etc. 

Real conservatives, like Libertarians, will say "we probably wouldn't go out of our way to socialize with them because we don't subscribe to their ideals and we also don't care about fake political correctness but neither do we think it is our place to control what they do.  Live and let live as long as my personal sovereignty is not assaulted.".

This is NOT the same thing as saying "we think it's good"!!!  And in fact true conservatives will be very careful about letting their young son be swept away to liberal summer camp with gay male troop leaders or letting their daughters be exposed to "gay is good" indoctrination in the public education system.  But true conservatives do believe that each person is a sovereign individual with natural rights which include the right not to be dominated and controlled by some other person's beliefs.

I do think it has been unfair to give hetro couples a tax break based on their marital status.  This has always been unfair to hetro singles, gay singles, and gay couples.  Why should someone get a tax break because of their martial status?  I say just get government out of the gay/straight business and stop trying to control society, morality, etc.  Society will do the right thing under an honest money supply.  Just revert to real money and honorable, sustainable society will follow.

It is because of this unfairness that I offer congratulations to the gay marriage supporters. At the same time I believe this will be a case of be careful what you ask for because you just might get it.  Time will tell if I'm right about that.

One more thing: anyone, straight or gay, who tries to force me to work for them against my will is guilty of slavery and will be dealt with accordingly.  I am a sovereign person.  I won't put up with anyone trying to slave me out and I don't care if they pass some law that says I must.  I will not comply.

1 comment:

The Captain said...

Please no religious diatribes on the subject of gay stuff. SF, I read your comment but it was not germane to herding behavior, conservatism vs liberalism, economics, social mood or anything else that I focus this blog on. I very rarely delete comments that are not outright spam but I don't want to devolve into a religious debate here. This is not to say that I disagree with what is being said. It's simply to say this is the wrong forum for it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More