Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Now that's what I like to see! [JNUG] update

The time stamp listed on all my posts is CA time and I am in TX so the real time of my posts are +2hrs from those listed.  I posted this post with listed time as 10:54 AM when in fact it was 12:54PM for me:



In that post I provided the model below



Below is what we actually got.  Just minutes after I posted, the chart spiked down to $20 but could not take me out at $19.95, hard as they probably tried.  Then the chart popped nearly 10%.  I dumped 2/3 of my intentionally overbought position @ 22.05 in case we get a deep vee retracement here.  Also, it is still possible that this recent move was part of a larger correction. 

Since I had margined up in order to hit the 3x position on JNUG, I took profits and got off margin (I rarely use margin and only at EW-defined turning points like this...).  This little spike just made my day.



Yes, there is an element of luck in this folks, no doubt.  But I didn't choose a 3x position right then without good reason based on EW technical analysis and there was certainly no fundamentals based reason for that nice trading call.  All of this is just gambling so if you understand the odds of herd movements and play them properly enough times, your wins will far exceed your lost antes.  That's all I expect from EW and all anyone can ever expect from a gambling support system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice play captain! I did not got jnug but bought more uslv instead.

Anonymous said...

And sold USLV this morning at 18.4 for some nice gain .... reload UVXY

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More