Tuesday, November 19, 2013

50k hit mark reached today [PVIEW]

I want to send a a quick note of thanks to everyone who has been reading my humble blog.  I began posting here in early 2010 and today my page hits finally exceeded 50,000.



This is nothing big to write home about as many of the big guys do 50k per month or better but my blog is all word of mouth.  I do not allow ads on it that will waste your time and potentially infect your PC with viruses.  This blog is not about trying to make money - I have a day job for that.  It is about trying to give something back and, yes, to provide myself a forum where I can practice my Elliott Wave analysis in a way that I can either learn from (i.e. wrong chart conclusions) or crow about a bit (entertainment).  Writing is not much good if nobody is there to read it.  So again, thanks.  And thanks to those who have commented, especially those with non-anoymous comments.  You know who you are.

As to where I think it will go next, well, it's only fair to look at the EW analysis of my monthly page hits which is what you see below.  This chart does not have much granularity but I think it's easy to see 5 small red numbered waves leading into black 1.  Notice that the 3rd wave of this series is the strongest, just as you would expect.  Then the clear a-b-c retracement into black 2.  What would we expect next?  Oh, that's right, a monster 3rd wave which is exactly what is playing out right now.  My blog went from a low of about 400 hits for the month of Feb 2011 to nearly 4 thousand hits as of the end of October.  That's a 10x move which is usually about the limit from the low of a 2nd to the peak of a 3rd.  So perhaps traffic will go sideways from here for a while in order to have alternation between 1-2 and 3-4.



It might be tempting to believe that I just posted less in 2011, thus resulting in less pages read.  That would, however, be an incorrect assumption.  As you can see below, my posts increased from 2010 to 2011 while page hits decreased.  Additionally, my readership was flat to up during 2012 which was when I only posted less than half as much as I did in 2011.  By all conventional logic it should have gone down.



I really don't know why Elliott waves seem to be so broadly applicable.  I only know that they are insightful and correct far more than mere odds of chance would allow for.  Also, they work when doing divisions of chart A against chart B, etc.  In other words, they are not manipulated by man.  The fact that they work like this suggests that there is some natural order and that all of us are interconnected.  Of course, that sounds very much like the definition of a herd!

Anyway, thanks again for being part of the journey.
-The Captain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, skipper! Well deserved.

The Captain said...

; )

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More