Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Look at the real rise in cost of stuff

I'm working on the electrical panel for Third Wave.  I want to change it from marine breakers to relays.  But the circuits need to be fused so for the AC portion I need to use 125 VAC rated glass fuses.  The cheapest price I could find on the web for quality Eaton brand gear is below, just $12 for a 12 position fuse block.  Not bad at all, right?  Except that for last year's price you can't actually buy any.  But no worries, they got them on order with a **196 day** lead time.

So yeah I could wait until 2/24/20friggintwo for my parts but I worry that if I do so that they will just change the price and I'll be paying more anyway.



Of course if you want shipment in "only" 3 to 5 weeks you can pay nearly 3x on Amazon.  This is for the exact same item that only cost $11.88 last year. 

 

 

I'm telling you, this is just the start of it.  If you need to buy stuff, buy it now.  Prices are only going up in the coming year.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More