Monday, October 25, 2021

Dave Chappelle doesn't give LBGTQeieio a special break.

The media reports that Dave Chappelle is "under fire" for making so many LGBTQeieio jokes during his Netflix comedy special "The Closer".  But I would not say he is "under fire".  For someone to be "under fire" they have to care.  And Dave Chappelle is very clear in that he just doesn't fucking care what the targets of his jokes think.  All he cares is that people laugh at them AND THEY DO.  

Chappelle is the master of deflecting complaints and demands for fake political correctness.  I'm waiting for him to say, "you know, it doesn't matter if  I say the queer jokes out loud because, well, you know I'm still thinking them, right?".   Chappelle is pretty clear in his message: if you don't like me, don't pay to see me because there's basically standing room only for those who are willing to come see me and have a good laugh.

I applaud Dave Chappelle for standing his ground and not being pushed around by a bunch of very confused if not mentally defective people who are trying to act like the boss of him, you and me.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More