Monday, November 24, 2014

Expect the war on drugs to collapse in the coming years.

The liberal police state ramped up wars on everything, wars to nowhere.  The modus operandi was to make up a fake enemy and then take on debt in order to "combat" it.  Everything became a "zero tolerance"  felony and many people were branded felons for doing nothing that hurt any other citizen (which in a truly conservative environment should be the main determinant of whether something is a serious felony or not).

Well, I'm seeing signs from all over that the new conservative wave is reversing all of this at a much faster rate than most people would have thought possible.  In today's news we find the kid who was selling weed brownies in Round Rock, TX. and who the liberal police state trumped up charges that treated him as harshly as if he were a mass murdering drug lord.  But instead of the kid going away for life as was the original threat, the kid won't see any jail time at all.  The state can never just admit that they overreacted so the kid still got 7 years probation and that is no joke.  But compared with the possible punishment for the trumped up charges, it is a relative hand slap.

Expect to see more decriminalization of nonviolent drug crimes.  Whether or not someone does drugs is not a matter for the state to concern itself with.  If someone does harm to another person, whether it be physical or economic, then we need laws to penalize the perps.  But nonviolent drug use and sales is not criminal in nature and all it does is create a violent black market for same.  The state does not own us.  It does not own me.  As long as I am not hurting someone else I have the inherent and unalienable right (something that is given to me by God as opposed to something I am allowed to do at the pleasure of the state) to live my life however I want.  This freedom is fundamental to the pursuit of happiness as discussed in the preamble to the constitution.  Without this freedom, I will never be happy.  The state does not have the right to limit my happiness and I will not accept the usurping of my rights by an overstepping, corrupt liberal political police state.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More