Sunday, October 6, 2019

Use the fake gold to your advantage

I have given detailed reasons as to why I will never buy any gold or silver bars or "rounds".  It's now become commonplace to be able to buy "replica" gold bars and rounds from Chinese suppliers.  The images below were obtained from Alibaba.  These sellers don't just create fake bars, they create fake BRANDED bars.  And nobody appears to be stopping them.  This is absolutely bad for the reputation of Credit Suisse and Johnson Matthey and other well known sellers of gold bullion products.



But I see a silver lining in all of this for honest people.  Since I would never buy a real bar or round, maybe I will buy some fake bars and rounds and then use them as bait.  If someone finds these then they are likely to think they got my gold.  And I will never be confused as to what is real and what is fake.

If it's not a gold or silver coin from a sovereign mint, I won't even consider buying it.  Not for anything near full price.  No way. Why should I when the good stuff, real sovereign mint product, costs exactly the same?

Leave the bars and the rounds for idiots who don't know what they are doing.  Don't even think of buying that trash.  Spend your time learning what a real gold (or silver) Austrian Philharmonic, Canadian maple leaf, or US eagle/US gold buffalo looks like and how to test them properly.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More