Saturday, October 6, 2018

Bold prediction:SNL will be revamped or cancelled soon

Back when I was a kid, Saturday Night Live was groundbreaking comedy.  The lack of acting ability by its cast was massively overshadowed by genius level comedy.  Who can ever forget Dan Akroyd and Jane Curtain when Dan says "Jane, you ignorant slut" on broadcast TV.  Language like that was considered taboo back then on broadcast TV, but SNL got away with it because it was so danged funny.  Eddie Murphy was super creative even if I hated his "Gumby" skit.  Eddie Murphy "Raw" was no doubt the funniest comedy show I have ever watched.

But SNL has been a comedic laggard for several years now and of late it has turned into liberal cesspool of political satire and other liberal garbage themes.  It was on the TV when I just walked into the TV room a few minutes ago and I could not get out of there fast enough.  It was just full of SJW memes, and poorly done at that.  I can take a good ribbing but it has to be funny.  I thought some of Alec Baldwin's Trump impersonations were fair to middling and I even laughed at a few of them.  But for the most part, SNL has devolved into a worthless pool of liberal crap.  They have not looked up to see which way the wind is blowing and they are siding with the wrong group.  The only thing about the current SNL that is on par with the old SNL is that the acting is still very bad.

I suspect and predict that either SNL has a major, major cast change toward conservationism or the show will be cancelled within 18 months.  Nobody should be making this call at this time given how long SNL has been a cable staple.  But if my socioeconomic models are correct, the time is ripe for such a major change and it will mark the coming collapse of rabid liberalism including childish SJW tirades that are happening all over the nation today.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More