Saturday, October 27, 2018

All talk of broad based gun confiscation is a joke.

While I appreciate the notion that we must be vigilant about our government-acknowledged "rights" such as the right to keep and bear (which means carry even today as it did back then), I'm also realistic about the ability of the non-gun crowd thinking they can disarm the peaceful gun crowd.  It will never happen.  The only reason the anti - gun people even get to talk AT ALL is due to the generally conservative, sharing nature of the gun crowd.


Imagine you are back in the old wild west.  The gun carrying, self sufficient crowd is in the saloon and the NYC dandy waltzes in, completely unarmed, with a piece of paper saying everyone has to put their guns on the table and walk away.  How do you think that ends?  Best case, the dandy receives a stiff beating.  Worse case, the coroner has weekend duty.


OK OK, this isn't the wild west. We are all more civilized now, right?  Well, that is debatable.  I think we are less civilized and by a wide margin.  The proof abounds but I can tell you that back in the 1800s no man would EVER get up in some woman's face and tell her that her husband who perished in some kind of disaster is rotting in Hell.  Yet that and more is happening every day right now.


Very reasonable arguments have been made for why guns result in people being more civil.  But I'm not here to advocate for gun "rights".  I'm here to tell anyone who is foolish enough to think that they can bully me or threaten me or use any other tactics into giving up my guns.  Anyone who sends me a slip of paper telling me to turn my guns in will be ignored.  And anyone who tries to come in person to force me to do it will be treated to the same weapons-drawn force that they are using on me. 


So it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, says or does.  The whole debate is moot.  The gun grabbers can go ahead and rant and rave all they want.  And while they do I am ensuring that my firearms are in meticulous order and that I remain proficient in their use.  If someone wants to take them, I say come and take them if they can.  But I will not be disarmed and then forced to flee my country simply because I didn't want to fight to keep what's mine.  That is how refuge nations are born.  Look at all refugee nations and you will see nothing but a disarmed populace.  Coincidence?Really??

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More