Thursday, June 18, 2020

Social media will turn out to be a huge fad.

You look at the likes of facebook and twitter these days and you think they are the new normal for our species.  I beg to differ.  I believe they are signs of a major peak in social liberalism.  I have made it very clear that I don't give a flying fuck about what someone might be eating for dinner.  It repulses me when people share this crap and then double pisses me off when sheeple on the fake friends list respond with emoticons, or say they are jealous or any of the other stupid responses to useless distractions in our lives like what some fool is eating. 

Social media is nothing more than an entertaining distraction from doing productive work, and when the debt ponzi collapses it will require that people fool around less, a LOT less, and work more.  Spending hours on facebook per day is a joke.  It's a mania.  And like all manias, they seem unstoppable right before they collapse.

But like all intellectual children, most people don't want to hear anything in advance.  They want to know at the last second so that they can beat everyone else out the door to safety, whatever safety means in a given context.  So how will we know that social media is finally outstaying its welcome?  Well, like all things, when too many people are too negatively affected by something, the herd begins to react.  And that is what I am seeing in things like today's evidence point which is that business leaders fear using the platform for fear that it will impact their business.

There are two things here to consider:
1) The notion that what business leaders think matters to everyone else
2) The notion that weaponizing economics to punish those who choose to voice their opinions is a good idea.

For point 1, Why does anyone care what any person says?  Are we all so swayed by the random comments of others that we feel it is either beneficial or dangerous to listen to them?  I don't care what others think!  I think for myself.  I observe what they say just because it is part of observing herd sentiment but I don't really care how they feel.  The reason I don't care is that they have proven unworthy of listening to.  When Bush and Obama were building the deep state apparatus, where were these "leaders" speaking out against this?  When cops were killing people left and right, I railed on them every time, but our "business leaders" were silent.  They should have been screaming about police brutality before now.

For point 2, if some liberal leader of a company that actually produces something useful and needed and cost effective for our economy says something that is not popular, what does it serve to hurt his company?  It's akin to "protestors" burning down their own city when stuff happens that they don't like.  I say, who cares what they say?  They have a right to say it and attacking their ability to enhance my life with better cheaper products is cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Bottom line, social media will turn out to be a massive fad.  When it goes into decline it is going to see massive freefall based on the mood of the herd working against it.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More