Monday, June 24, 2019

Run away from Google and Facebook and all social media

I love Google.  I love their search engine. I love Google maps.  I love Google translate.  I can freaking take a picture of Chinese writing and the app displays it in English for goodness sakes.  I've used free gmail for YEARS!  Others wanted a monthly charge.   Even at only $5 per month (and it would be 2-3x that without free gmail...) it's $60/year.  I've used it for maybe 10 years.  That's $600 after tax dollars I did not have to spend..

All of this and more they give me for free just so they can track my spending habits.  I don't care if they track them!  It's not like I am buying fertilizer and diesel fuel!  For the benefits I get, I give them my permission to track my online presence gladly. 

But greedy government is now looking for more pockets to pick.  Tax revenues will be declining in a recession for sure and the signs of recession are all around.  Layoffs are happening quietly.  Things are not as good as people think which is why all of a sudden we need to have a war with Iran.  Bankers love war.  Not only do they get to loan money to people who will make bombs that blow themselves up, those bombs destroy equipment and lives.  The lives bankers don't care much about but the equipment and factories?  Yes, they care.  They WANT stuff to get destroyed so they can loan more money to rebuild.  It's the old elitist mantra of creative destruction.  They destroy what we create so that we will borrow money to create more of what was lost.

And now government is targeting the very successful big social media companies like Google and Facebook.  These companies either begin an all out legal war right fucking now with the government or they are going to get majorly screwed.  Why?  Because now it is being reported that government wants to place a valuation on user's data collected by social media.  Why would they want to do that?  There is only one reason: so they can tax the hell out of it.

I don't care what they do with Facebook.  Government can have it.  But hands off Google, the useful company.

By the way, I don't know if its chicken or egg, with respect to who started what, but I see it as no coincidence that FB is working to create a parallel crypto called Libra right at the same time scam government is talking about valuating end user data collected by the likes of FB.  Maybe FB started this war by attacking the dollar with a (cough cough) "complementary" currency designed to serve the "unbanked" (still coughing).   The government hacks might just see the valuation strategy as self defense.

And so here we are.  Whereas it used to be government+corporations against the consumers, now there is infighting within the organized crime ring know as the military industrial complex.  I wonder how long until Google or FB drop an info bomb on every member of congress, telling the people just what these fuckers have been up to when they thought nobody was looking when it turns out that everyone was being monitored by Google and FB AI.

What a great show.  Hand me another bag of popcorn and a soda refill please.  We are just getting to the good part.  When I see fist fights on the congressional floor I will stand up and cheer.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More