Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Why do liberals think they can do what they tell conservatives to avoid?

The whole "do as I say but not as I do" act from the liberals would get old very quickly if I didn't see the humor in watching them childishly try to offend me without succeeding.  As a white male I have seen the liberals work their asses off to try to get me apologize for being born this way even though "born this way" is their own reasoning and justification for all kinds of insane and ultimately self destructing liberal acts.  Fortunately, none of their crap is backed by very much logic so you kind of have to be a child to be very offended by their childish attempts to get a reaction.  But still, from an intellectual perspective I would like to know why liberals do not understand the gross hypocrisy of their actions.

While hypocrisy is clearly a liberal trait in general, today I am speaking directly to Donald Glover's "whiteface" appearance at the Emmy Awards.  First off, Glover's move is a play off of the age old notion of "going blackface", something that is apparently offensive to the liberal crowd even though it's really no big deal logically.  Here is a long, overblown, self important explanation about how going blackface is a sin.  When I watched the video in that link of some old time guy doing a blackface performance, it struck me that his performance was actually pretty good.  He could sing, he could dance.  He did not stumblebum around or do slapstick which might lend the oberserver to thinking the character being portrayed was somehow broken or deficient.

If an alien landed on Earth who had never been exposed to emotional liberal labeling and whining were to view that performance, hi might reasonably conclude that the white guy was trying to imitate the black man's ability to sing and dance very well.  He might assume it meant that all blacks are talented with the ability to sing and dance.  I do not think it would leave a casual observer with the impression that it was supposed to be an insult; to the logical mind it looks more like a compliment.

But liberals are more emotional than logical and so it's considered an insult.  Even if I don't find it insulting I respect the fact that others might and so that is enough of an argument to talk me out of going blackface, anywhere, ever.  In other words, I don't have to evaluate other people's reasoning before I decide to not do stuff that I have been told they find offensive.  There's just no percentage in pissing people off on purpose but without any goal or potential to add value.

This being the case, why do "celebrities" (if Donald Glover can be called that) go ahead and do exactly what they try to shame me from doing?  Glover's whiteface character is taken from a TV show called "Atlanta" wherein it plays a character which the article I linked describes as a "creepy, eccentric millionaire named Teddy Perkins".  I've never seen this show called "Atlanta" before but from the article I can only gather that this whiteface representation is not complimentary to white people, and specifically to white males.

Now personally, I am not offended at this.  It is not hurting me in any way for him to dress up in whatever costume he wants to.  But when liberals show their fake outrage at conservatives it is actions like this that lead much of their ranting to fall upon deaf ears.  Why would anyone worry about going blackface ever again when Donald Glover went whiteface not to some private party, but to a globally televised event?

The hypocrisy has gotten so bad that the more intelligent liberals are actually feeling bad about this coming from "their ranks".  Many are even clearly stating that the problem with widespread adoption of liberalism is too damned much over the top in your face liberalism.  I strongly agree with that sentiment.  Rabid liberalism is just as annoying and ultimately destructive as rabid right wing-ism.  I will not call right wing-ism conservatism because they are clearly NOT the same thing.  Right wing-ism is just as destructive as rabid liberalism.  That makes both of them liberal in true nature.  A real conservative CONSERVES.  He does not destroy either capital or people for gain, ever.  Destruction of something for gain is a basic component of the liberal notion of "creative destruction".  A real conservative only destroys others in response to an attack which inflicted real battle damage onto the conservative.  The conservative mindset is to avoid destruction until the process of avoidance is in fact more dangerous and ultimately destructive than stepping up and taking care of the problem.

So go ahead Donald Glover, and all those who think what he did was OK.  Have your fun.  But the next time I say something you think is politically incorrect I will advise you and people like you to get the Hell out of my face and to shut the fuck up.  After all, I will not be held to a standard by the likes of you when you don't apparently hold yourself to any standard at all.

No comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More