Friday, June 30, 2017

I want to know what the F#$k is going on

I do a lot of online shopping and over the past year I have seen more and more "wacky" prices offered for stuff on the web like $1500 for a $15 hair dryer and the like.  These were generally offered on unknown web sites which I just happened upon from google shopping searches.  They always made me wonder why anyone would go to the trouble of posting them.  I finally started to believe that they were there for the intent and purpose of money laundering, probably by the government IMO. So when Obama put up his Stazi "see something say something" web link I actually submitted one of the links telling the government that it should be more careful about its money laundering operations because the people were getting wise.

But now I am starting to see the same thing happening on major sites like Amazon.  I don't know what to tell you except that something is very wrong here and that the item listing shown below is for one (1) single item, not 5 pallets worth.  Each of these is about $100 real market price.  Something is going on here and nobody's even trying to hide it anymore on the no name web sites.  This is not a typo.  They are asking $20k for a $100 item.  But hey, it's free shipping, right?

I can't accuse anyone of using this kind of scam for laundering dirty money from criminal operations because I have no proof but if I were a criminal this is what I would do in the sure and certain knowledge that our totally fucking corrupt government would never question this $20k purchase as long as they get their cut in the form of sales tax.  I say again, it is a crime to drive around with more than $10k in cash or equivalent but nobody will question a $20k purchase on Amazon for a $100 part.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, Captain,
I've recently started noticing the same, on varying scales.
I think you might be on to something here.

Heliarc

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More